Free! - mini review and competition of Professional ASP.NET 2.0
From the back cover
ASP.NET allows web sites to display unique pages for each visitor rather than show the same static HTML pages. The release of ASP.NET 2.0 is a revolutionary leap forward in the area of web application development. It brings with it a wealth of new and exciting built-in functions that reduce the amount of code you'll need to write for even the most common applications.
With more than 50 new server controls, the number of classes inside ASP.NET 2.0 has more than doubled, and, in many cases, the changes in this new version are dramatic. This book will alert you to every new feature and capability that ASP.NET 2.0 provides so that you'll be prepared to put these new technologies into action.
What you will learn from this book
- The idea of the server control and its pivotal role in ASP.NET development
- How to create templated ASP.NET pages using the new master page feature
- Techniques for debugging and handling errors
- The various frameworks that will enable you to extract, create, manipulate, and store XML
- Ways to package and deploy ASP.NET applications
- How to retrieve, update, and delete data quickly and logically
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced programmers and developers who are looking to make the transition to ASP.NET 2.0.
- All new, for ASP.NET 2.0, this bestselling book provides experienced developers with real-world examples of the powerful new time-saving, code-saving features in this new version
- Seasoned author Bill Evjen helps developers make a smooth transition to this new version of ASP.NET with his clear explanations of even the most dramatic changes
- Helpful examples in both VB and C# clearly show how to build ASP.NET 2.0 applications
- Experienced developers get more in-depth coverage about changes within the programs provided in previous ASP and ASP.NET versions
This book covers a lot of ground it does even more then it says. Next to reviewing the changes that have occurred in ASP.NET 2, it also shows you how to use Visual Studio 2005 to the structure of an application and uses detailed code examples that allow you to create your own applications. There are many examples in both VB and C#. The writing style is clear and although the markup could have been a little more colorful and spicy, it's easy to understand. Although this book is huge it isn't exactly a reference but more a book that shows you how to use ASP.NET 2. All in all if you're into ASP.NET and are about to change to ASP.NET 2 this book is a must have.
The friendly people of Wrox are giving away 10 books. All you need to do, to enter the competition is, to download the extract (press read more and then download sample PDF on your right), which is all about ASP.NET 2.0 and answer the following question:
- Where is the Microsoft Management Console for?
Send your answer to this e-mail address, before Thursday the 8th of December 2005. Don't forget to include your post address in the e-mail.