ASP.NET Building The Base
"This e-Book will show you how to take control of one of the most powerful server languages available on the market today."
Have you, ever wanted to unleash the power of ASP.NET but didn't know how? Or did you already start with ASP.NET but you got stuck during development? Then read on!
This e-Book will show you how to take control of one of the most powerful server languages available on the market today. Static HTML pages will become obsolete after you've learned how to create dynamic applications using ASP.NET.
ASP.NET: Building the Base e-Book
The book is devided into six major Parts, the first part gets you started with ASP.NET, the second teaches you how to use Databases, the next part is all about presenting data, then it's time to look at building an interface by using controls and menu's. Part five focusses on web services and last but not least Kevin puts the theory into practice.
What this book does and who it's for
This book is best suited for beginning or intermediate ASP.NET developers. Kevin shows you how to create dynamic pages with ASP.NET by using step by step tutorials. He also shows you how you can use Visual Studio to assist you with your development projects.
About The Author
Kevin Koch is a senior software engineer with over 8 years experience designing and architecting primarily web based applications. Fresh out of college during the nineties he co-founded Task Solutions and developed several projects with the then popular classic ASP.
During the Dot Com boom Kevin left his position as president and joined a new venture to build an enterprise insurance claim system build upon J2EE technology. After the Dot Com crash Kevin schooled himself to become an expert with .NET technology and is currently freelancing his ASP.NET skills to build enterprise n-tier frameworks using advanced OO methodologies.
Beginning with ASP.NET
- An in troduction to ASP.NET & Visual Studio .NET 2003
- ASP.NET for beginners
- Understanding Web Config in ASP.NET 1.x
- Databases for Beginners with ASP.NET 1.x
- Databinding for Beginners in ASP.NET
- How to Run MS Acces Queries from ASP.NET (2 parts)
- Using Stored Procedures in ASP.NET
- Creatin a Data Tier in ASP.NET
Presenting your data
- Using the .NET Data View Object
- Display SubTotals in ASP.NET DataGrid
- ASP.NET DataSet Tips & Tricks
Controls and menus
- Creating a Custom DropDown Control
- Building a Data-Driven Navigation Menu
- Creating a Stateful Web Service
- Securely Lockoing Down ASP.NET Web Services
Real World Cases
- Using the ASP.NET Calendar Control
- Export Calendar items to Outlook 2K3
- Import/Export Outlook Contacts in ASP.NET
- ASP.NET Image Gallery, Uploader & Thumbnailer (2 parts)