Mini-review And Competition Of Web Design and Marketing Solutions for Business Websites book
From the Back Cover
In this book, you'll learn how to:
- Implement best practices in corporate web design, with a focus on common sections such as About,
- Products and Services, Customer Support, and more
- Use e-mail and RSS marketing to stay in touch with customers and prospects
- Apply simple and effective search engine optimization techniques to push your website higher in search engine results
- Advertise the site through e-mail, paid search placement, banner ads, and more
- Explore server-side Reporting Services and consume them from local clients.
- Write professional, accessible, and usable pages to make your site available to everyone
The best business websites serve their readers with strong content, well-architected design, and a focus on usability, readability, and accessibility. This book covers the fundamental aspects of building a website that works for the company, not against it. It covers the essentials of strong copywriting, and then dedicates several chapters to designing user-centric About, Products and Services, and Support sections.
Your visitors come to your site because they are interested in your business and are therefore potential customers. This book covers taking advantage of that traffic by expanding the company's story through a corporate blog and using testimonials, case studies, and other third-party validation to reinforce the marketing message. With this knowledge you will be able to create and maintain a highly professional, polished business site.
While a pleasing website is essential for any modern business, creating it is only a small piece of the online strategy. This book also discusses search engine optimization, using e-mail and RSS to communicate with customers and prospects, and advertising the corporate domain with paid search placement, online banners, text links, and more. The primary theme is using your corporate website to market the business effectively, from designing intelligent product pages to writing compelling e-mail newsletters. This book explores those ideas and offers compelling advice on how to take full advantage of the Web as a marketing medium.
Summary of Contents
- Chapter 1: Overview
- Chapter 2: Content
- Chapter 3: Accessibility
- Chapter 4: Architecture and Navigation
- Chapter 5: The Homepage
- Chapter 6: The About Section
- Chapter 7: Products and Services
- Chapter 8: Independent Validation
- Chapter 9: The Corporate Blog
- Chapter 10: Customer Support
- Chapter 11: Contingency Planning
- Chapter 12: Legalese
- Chapter 13: Search Engine Optimization
- Chapter 14: Outbound Marketing
- Chapter 15: Online Advertising
- Appendix: Resources
Who is this book for?This book is for everyone involved in building a business website. Designers, copy-writers, developers, information architects, marketing experts, freelancers consulting with organizations, or even members of an in-house team will find the content interesting.
"To thrive, you must deliver beyond customer expectation," says the
author in the beginning, and from then on he unfolds the topic keeping up to this very thought till the back cover.
Web Design and Marketing Solutions for Business Websites book is a substantially useful guide for developing your web - business strategy and improving the performance of your site. The book is written in a narrative way, understandable to read and motivating. It implies a high competitive spirit and structured logic of thinking. The author reviews different scenarios and contemplates on the advantages and disadvantages of each, leaving the decision to you, teaching you how to design smart.
The book includes chapters on platforms, content management, standards-based development, and many other topics related to creating a modern and appealing website. Potts' chapters on content and SEO are cogent, provide excellent examples. Even illustrations from Google Analytics new web configurations are used.
The book is targeted at a very broad subject and tries to cover all aspects, which makes it perfectly suited for beginning marketeers, advanced users might be more interested in marketing books that address specific marketing topics in more depth.
We've got a brand new mini-review and competition of the Web Design and Marketing Solutions for Business Websites book. The friendly people of friends of ED are giving away 5 books!
All you need to do, to enter the competition is, download the sample PDF and answer the following question:
"What does the About section of a corporate site offer?"