Important decisions in Image crafting
In this tutorial, we take a look at the different types of images used on the web. Starting with an in-depth behind the scenes look at how these images are constructed, we move on to checking out which image types are suitable in different web scenarios. Gaining a strong understanding of how images work and when to use them is important in the construction of any good website.
This tutorial will give you a sound theoretical knowledge in order to reduce your file sizes, speed up the viewing of your website and enhance the overall appearance. It is suitable for beginners.
Table of Content:
- GIF: Graphics Interchange Format.
- JPEG - Joint Photographic Experts Group
- Lossy and Lossless Compression
- Babble Trouble
- PNG - Portable Network Graphics
- Alpha Transparency in PNG files
- When to use what
- Specifying Bit depth for GIFs in ImageReady/ PhotoShop
- Next time: