Using Stored Procedures and Commands
This tutorial builds up a click-through tracking application that you can use to measure the number of clicks on any given link in your site, even external links. It demonstrates how to use SQL Server stored procedures and commands from Dreamweaver, in conjunction with an interactive demo. All the application code is free for download and re-use in your own pages.
This tutorial is suitable for beginner to intermediate level, and requires SQL Server installed on your machine (free evaluation edition available from www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/trial/) and/or your webhosting provider.
Now with interactive Flash movies showing you step by step how to create the application in DreamweaverMX!
Table of Content:
- What is a stored procedure?
- What is a Command ?
- The advantage of a Stored Procedure and a Command used together.
- What kind of applications can I build?
- The Click-Through application
- Creating the database tables
- What information do we want to store?
- The interface of the application
- First Page
- Second Page
- Third Page
- Additional: completed pages and SQL scripts
Marcellino Bommezijn is one of the managers at UDzone.com. He is a contributor on the tutorials section.
In daily live he is a E-Business Coordinator at Geveke Motoren bv (Dutch Caterpillar Engine Dealer) and runs his own webdesign and hosting company.
(Photo: me and my son Nicky)