PowerTCP Zip Compression for .NET
PowerTCP Zip Compression for .NET Version 2.0 is designed to put flexibility into the hands of the developer. Optimized for easy use in multiple scenarios, this zip component can help streamline projects and facilitate quick completion of large file or complex compression tasks. Multiple compression levels and feature choices, streamlined structure, and speedy compression give you the control and stability you need.
Developers using Microsoft ASP.NET will benefit from the extensive Stream support in PowerTCP Zip Compression for .NET. All compression and decompression operations include support for objects that implement a Stream interface. This capability allows web developers to seamlessly compress data and return it to a requesting client without writing temporary files and enabling write-access on the server. Stream support is also great for seamless compatibility with other products that output or input Streams.
Other great features include QuickZip and QuickUnzip shortcut features that allow for zip operations with only one line of code, wildcard support for batch operations, multi-threaded asynchronous capability for "behind-the-scenes" operation, the ability to span across multiple disk or create split files, fully configurable self-extraction executables, support for 128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit AES encryption that is WinZip 9.0 compatible, and support for reading the gZip file format.
- Version 2 includes all the features previously available in PowerTCP Zip for .NET and adds:
- New compression and inflating streams that operate during each Read or Write
- New AES and Zip encryption streams that likewise operate on all bytes presented
- New Read and Write methods on the Archive component provide "on the fly" compression and inflating without buffering to disk
- Full 64-bit OS support
- WinZip, PKZIP, and UNIX gZip compatible.
- 128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit AES encryption is WinZip 9.0 compatible.
- Streams fully supported as data sources or destinations for compression and decompression operations.
- Add files to existing zip archives, without the need to re-compress the entire archive.
- Wildcard support for batch operations.
- High-performance compression engine.
- QuickZip and QuickUnzip short-cut methods provide a high-level interface, while the Archive collection lets you conduct fine-tuned operations.
- Self-extracting executables can be easily created with full control over the functionality of the self-extractor.
- Supports spanning to multiple disks and splitting to multiple files across a single disk. Spanning is fully compatible with WinZip.
- Three levels of compression/performance control.
- Store data without compressing. Great for storing previously compressed files such as images.
- Provides multi-threaded asynchronous functionality.
- Large files over 2 GB fully supported.
- Unicode filename support for international character sets.
- Royalty-free distribution license.
- Integrated Help 2.0 documentation includes over a dozen tutorials and a comprehensive reference guide with full support for dynamic help.
- Integrates with all versions of Visual Studio and supports C#,
VB.NET, ASP.NET, Delphi 8, C# Builder, and other .NET compliant